- 2010: PhD in Physics (Computational Neuroscience), Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Ås, Norway.
- 2006: MSc in Engineering Physics (Complex Adaptive Systems), Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Since April 2016: Assistant professor (adjunkt), Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen.
- 2013-2016: Postdoc, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen with Prof. Rune Berg.
- 2011 – 2013: Postdoc, Department of Computational Biology, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden with Prof. Anders Lansner.
- 2011 (June-Aug): Visiting researcher, Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine (INM-6), Research Center Jülich, Germany with Prof. Sonja Grün, Prof. Markus Diesmann.
- 2006 – 2011: PhD student (+6 month Postdoc), Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Ås Norway with Prof. Gaute Einevoll.